Rainbow Shells are one of the most valuable forageables in Stardew Valley. They are one of many beautiful shells that show up in the summertime sun and sandy beaches. They are also one of the most rare too, which can be a bit tricky when trying to look for one. That is why we will go over every way to acquire this big and pretty shell, as well as all of the different ways to use it other than selling!
There are many different and unique ways to find a Rainbow Shell that even some veteran players don’t know. This list should come in handy! Rainbow Shells can be acquired through:
- Foraging at the Pelican Town Beach in Summer (Easiest Way)
- Foraging on the Beach Farm in any season
- In the Pelican Town Mines after activating the Shrine of Challenge
- Can be found during the Danger In The Deep Quest
- Purchasing from the Traveling Merchant Cart during Fridays and Sundays on a range of 900 – 1,500g
- A gift in a mail from Demetrius after reaching one heart of friendship or more
- Receiving as a gift at The Feast of the Winter Star festival from Jas, Vincent, or Leo
- A Rainbow Trout fish pond after it’s population reaches level 9 (2% chance)
|Abigail, Alex, Caroline, Clint, Demetrius, Dwarf, Elliot, Emily, Evelyn, George, Gus, Haley, Jas, Jodi, Kent, Krobus, Leah, Lewis, Linus, Marnie, Maru, Pam, Penny, Pierre, Robin, Sam, Sandy, Sebastian, Shane, Vincent, Willy, & The Wizard
However, these shells are also known for their usefulness when dying clothing, as they can be uniquely used to dye in any color! This can be a great cheat when you are stuck trying to find an item for a specific color, which is another good reason to keep an eye out for these beauties!
Quests With A Rainbow Shell
There are two quests that involve a Rainbow Shell. The first is a simple fish pond quest. This can trigger when you have a pond with Blobfish, specifically when the capacity is increasing from seven to ten. Simply throw the Rainbow Shell into the pond to increase the maximum population (and your Blobfish will be happy too!)
The second quest is more of a main story mission, as it is part of “The Mysterious Qi” quest in particular. This quest involves multiple parts, which when completed will unlock the hidden Casino in Sandy’s Oasis shop!
- Step One – Place a Battery pack in the lock-box hidden in the tunnel to the right of the Bus Stop
- Step Two – Leave a Rainbow Shell in the box at the Train Platform
- Step Three – Place ten Beets inside of Mayor Lewis‘ fridge in his house
- Step Four – Place one Solar Essence in the “Sand Dragon” skeleton’s mouth in Calico Desert
- Final Step – Interact with the lumber pile connected to the Farmhouse and receive your Casino Club Card!