If you’re looking for a mod manager for Stardew Valley, then look no further. We have everything covered for you.
Mod managers have long existed since the day the mods were born. A lot of mods made by various individuals aren’t just cut for it and can sometimes make it harder for you to play without the game crashing.
Mod managers are the ones who sort things out for you, making it easier to navigate and select the mods you wish to play. There are a lot of these applications in Nexus, but not all of them are for Stardew Valley.
Below is the guide on how to get the best mod manager for your own copy of Stardew Valley.
Want to play multiplayer? Check out this Multiplayer guide for Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley Mod Manager for Mac
Mod manager for Mac ain’t really that hard and complicated. You just need to follow the steps below to make sure you’ll be able to install mods on your Mac. First, you’ll need to have this first.
- Get a copy of Mono and Install it.
- Make sure to open and expand the ‘SMAPI Installer’ from your Downloads folder.
- Install the application by right-clicking on Mac.command, then selecting Open.
- Then, you’ll have to select Open in the Dialogue Box
- Make sure you follow the on-screen instructions
And you’re good to go. Easy, right?
Still confused between being a geologist or a miner? Check this out.
Stardew Valley Mod Manager for Linux
Now, it might not be complicated for Linux users, but if you’re new to the operating system, then it’ll be hard for you. But Linux users are always on hard mode. So yeah, get a copy of Mono first.
Once you have Mono, you’ll have to do the following:
- Download SMAPI.
- Extract the file on the folder, preferably if you have a save folder on your desktop
- Open and run the Linux.sh file and thoroughly follow the instructions.
And that’s it. Congrats!
Check out this sick trellis layout guide!
Mod Manager for Android devices
This may come as a surprise, but it’s a hit or miss for Android devices. The SMAPI application will not work for Android, but there are other applications that will do.
The easiest method is to follow the steps below:
- Make sure you’ll have this file installed.
- Open the app you just installed and download SMAPI.
- Uninstall the installer. (The file at point 1)
And that’s settled. You can now play with mods.