Have you ever come across an Amethyst in Stardew Valley? This purple gem isn’t the most lucrative, but you’ll accomplish many quests with it! Here’s a guide to walk you through its importance.
Taking a detour in the Mines doesn’t mean you’ll get a haul of profitable minerals. Sometimes you’ll find items like Amethysts that aren’t worth much.
Although you can’t use it in various things, it’s still a valuable loot asset in your gaming experience. Here’s a guide that’ll help you discover its importance in Stardew Valley to learn more about it.
Table of Contents
What is an Amethyst?
It’s a mineral classified as a purple variant of quartz with a base price of 100g. But having a Gemologist Profession turns its price to 130g. You also can donate it to the Local Museum and Library and get rewards!
How to Find Amethyst?
You’ll primarily obtain it by destroying Amethyst Nodes and Gem Nodes from Floors 0 to 39 of the Mines (2.24%). However, you’ll also find it in these locations:
- Panning. You’ll find this mineral using your Copper Pan (1.6%).
- Fishing Treasure Chest. You may get one to four pieces of it by searching in Fishing Zone 2 and below. However, you need to reach Fishing Level 2 before acquiring this loot (4%).
- Killing Green Slimes. It’s a rare drop from these mobs in Stardew Valley (1.5%).
- Super Cucumber. It produces one to three pieces once the pond reaches a population of nine to ten (4 to 5%).
- Searching in Garbage Cans. You may find it at any bin location in all seasons.
You can make a shirt with this gem and use it in a spool to create purple dyes for dyeable clothes. It’s also helpful in dyeing your pots with the same hue.
It’s not just helpful in increasing your profit but also in enhancing your melee weapon’s knockback by adding one point per level.
It makes an excellent gift for Abigail, Clint, the Dwarf, and Emily. While other NPCs are also pleased to receive it, except for Leah, Linus, and Pierre.
This loot is useful in completing the following quests:
- Clint’s Attempt. The local blacksmith will request you to give Emily this gem and inform her that it was from him. You’ll get one Friendship Heart from Emily as a reward.
- Help Wanted Board at Pierre’s General Store. It’s requested randomly at any season. You’ll receive 300g and 150 Friendship Points in return.
- Catfish. This task may ask for two pieces of it in a population of three.
- Spook Fish. You’re possibly requested to bring three pieces of it upon reaching the population of three.
- Sunfish. This quest may require one of these minerals in the population of five.
- Rock Rejuvenation. Emily will request it in the Special Orders Board.
- Ginger Island’s Gem Bird Puzzle. You may use it to complete this quest in Ginger Island and other items like Ruby, Aquamarine, Topaz, and Emerald.
An Amethyst is an option to accomplish the Treasure Hunter’s Bundle in the Boiler Room of Stardew Valley.