Have you ever found a Ruby in Stardew Valley? Perhaps, you’re going off-course for not knowing where you can use it. Here’s a guide to help you efficiently extract its benefits and functions!
Finding something profitable from the Mines of Stardew Valley isn’t big news. However, if it accomplishes plenty of tasks and helps you enhance your weapon, then that’s a great catch.
You may not know, but these are a few of the things that Ruby offers. In this guide, you’ll learn more about the benefits and uses of discovering this item!
Table of Contents
What is a Ruby?
It’s a mineral you’ll discover by mining on floors 80+ of the Mines. You can sell them for 250g, but if you have a Gemologist Profession, its price increases to 325g.
How to Find a Ruby?
You won’t just find this precious stone by breaking Ruby Nodes and Gem Nodes from the Mines. It’s also possible to acquire them without making dangerous underground visits:
- Opening Garbage Cans. And after reaching the bottom of the Mines, you’ll occasionally discover it in bins.
- Panning. With Copper Pan, there’s a 1.6% chance to obtain it.
- Fishing Treasure Chests. You have a 4% chance of getting one to four pieces. However, you’ll need to reach Fishing Level 2 and search for it in Fishing Zone 5.
- Feast of the Winter Star. A Ruby is also a probable gift from this event.
If you’re looking for some Spicy Eel, you may trade a Ruby with the Desert Trader to get it.
You can use it to make a shirt or make red dyes for pots and dyeable clothes.
Using it in the Forge enhances the damage of a melee weapon by adding a 10% x minimum and maximum damage level to it.
This foraged mineral serves as the best gift for Clint, Emily, and the Dwarf. While other NPCs would be pleased to receive it as well, except from Leah, Linus, and Pierre.
- Help Wanted Sign at Pierre’s General Store. This item is randomly requested, and you’ll get 750g and 150 Friendship Points as a reward. However, it’s only asked when you reach level 80+ of the Mines.
- Rock Rejuvenation. Emily requests it at Mayor Lewis’ Special Orders Board.
- Ginger Island’s Gem Bird Puzzle. You can use it to complete the puzzle alongside other minerals like Amethyst, Aquamarine, Topaz, and Emerald.
This gem is an option to complete the Treasure Hunter’s Bundle in the Boiler Room.