If you like hunting wild edible plants for their uses, consider Fiddlehead Fern. Not sure where to look? Here’s a helpful guide that’ll provide helpful info on this item!
Foraging for items during Year 1 is one of the most reliable ways of earning extra money for buying seeds. You can find these wild plants anywhere regardless of time, weather, and season. One of them is Fiddlehead Fern – one of many edible greens in Stardew Valley.
In this item guide, we’ll talk about the item, where to find them, and their uses.
Table of Contents
What is a Fiddlehead Fern?
Despite being a Foraged Item, this wild plant is categorized as a vegetable. Remarkably, you can receive perks bonus from Tiller, Gatherer, and Botanist professions. Moreover, it’s possible to make a Juice or Pickles out of it using a Preserves Jar and Keg.
How to Find a Fiddlehead Fern?
Here are the places you can find this forage:
- Secret Woods at the Cindersap Forest – Available during Summer only (78%).
- Ginger Island Jungle Area – All seasons (Ginger Island East).
- The Mines – While the Shrine of Challenge is activated, you can find them on floors 41 – 79.
- Skull Cavern – Decent chance to spawn on Prehistoric Floors.
- Traveling Cart – Sometimes on the inventory and costs 270g-1000g (appears every Friday and Sunday).
Fiddlehead Fern doesn’t sell high despite its rarity. Even turning it into an Artisan Good won’t generate better profit. Here’s a complete pricing for selling it raw or as Juice and Pickles.
|Quality||Selling Prices||With Tiller||Pickles||Juice|
|Normal with Artisan||202g||282g|
The forage item is used in one recipe that Kent loves. Here’s the complete recipe:
|Recipe||Ingredients||Energy||Energy with QS||Health||Health with QS||Selling Price||Selling Price with QS||Recipe Source|
|Fiddlehead Risotto||• Fiddlehead Fern (1)• Garlic (1)• Oil (1)||+225||+405||+101||+181.8||350g||525g||• The Queen of Sauce, Year 2 Fall 28|
Adding this item with a piece of cloth in the spool of the Sewing Machine will make Green Overalls. Also, you can deposit it at the Dye Pots to make a green dye.
Almost everyone likes it except Abigail, Haley, Jas, Sam, and Vincent.
Not used in any quest.
F. F. is used in these bundles:
- Chef’s Bundle at the Bulletin Board
- Wild Medicine Bundle at the Crafts Room (Remixed)