If you have been playing Stardew Valley for a while, then you’re probably already used to all types of mysteries and easter eggs in the game. This guide will focus on one of them in particular, the mysterious and adorable Owl Statue.
What Is the Owl Statue?
It’s not clear where this came from, but it looks very fine.Owl Statue description
The Owl Statue is a furniture item that you can find in Stardew Valley. It’s a stone owl and almost entirely light grey, except for its eyes and beak, which are a soft golden color.
How to Get the Owl Statue
To acquire the owl sculpture you see in the picture above, you need to get lucky. Unlike most decorative items, this one is quite hard to find. You can’t purchase it at the Carpenter’s store, nor can you craft it yourself.
So, what do you need to do? Basically, nothing! This statue will appear on your farm in the middle of the night. It’s one of the many special random chance events that occur overnight in Stardew Valley. There are two types of overnight events in Stardew Valley:
- Farm Event
- Personal Event
Farm Event In Stardew valley
A farm event is a random chance event that occurs on the player’s farm. It occurs in the form of an unskippable cutscene. Each night, there’s a chance for a random event to occur, but there’s a higher chance that nothing will happen. There are seven farm events in Stardew Valley:
- Bundle completion – This cutscene appears after you’ve completed one of the Community Center bundles or Joja developments. It shows either Junimos or workers fixing something in Pelican Town.
- Earthquake – The earthquake cutscene occurs on day three of Summer Year One. It unlocks the railroad and Spa area in the Mountain.
- Meteorite – There’s a 1% chance that a meteor falls on your farm overnight. You can mine the meteor with a Gold or Iridium Pickaxe, and collect some free Iridium Ore.
- Strange Capsule – There’s a 0.8% chance for the Strange Capsule to appear. When it does, you’ll hear a spooky UFO sound effect. Look around your farm in the morning to find the Capsule on the farm.
- The Crop Fairy – There’s a 1% chance that a magical fairy will stop by your farm. She will sprinkle some of your crops with fairy dust and cause them to grow!
- The Witch – There’s a 1% chance for the wicked witch to visit the farm instead. The wicked witch may turn your Slime Hutch Slimes black, or leave a Void Egg in your Coop.
- The Owl Statue – Last, but not least, there’s a 0.5% chance for this event to occur. When it does, you’ll hear the hoot of an owl, and the statue will appear on a random tile on the farm.
What Can You Do With The Owl Statue?
This is a purely decorative furniture item. There’s no practical use to it, but it’s a great addition to your home. It can be placed in a serene, green location outside; or, you can place it indoors if there’s enough space.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Move the Statue?
You can move the statue by mining it with a Pickaxe. Doing so will cause it to go into your inventory.
2. Can I get More Owls?
You can get multiple owl statutes! this event can occur many times.
3. Is this Statue PC only?
Console users have no fear. Farm events can occur on any device. This means you can get your hands on the Stardew Valley Owl Statue on PC, Android, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Playstation.
4. Can I trigger The Event?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to make the event take place. Luckily, in the 1.5 Update, the event was made less rare.