Mods add so much amount of fun and depth to the game.
Thanks to them, you get layers and layers to storylines, options to joke around with pets, and generally a whole lot of options.
So, to enrich your Stardew Valley journey and get the most out of it, we will share with you this simple Guideline. Learn How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley right away!
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley 2020
Technically speaking, a “mod” is just a package of files. That package changes your Stardew Valley world in some way, most of the time in the way you would prefer to. For example:
- Mods can contribute to the game with some specific features (ex. showing NPCs on the map),
- Change game mechanics (ex. fences preserve looks for longer),
- Create cosmetic changes (ex. your pet is fully customized),
- And Much More
To take advantage of mods you should:
- Install SMAPI – That’s the mod loader for Stardew Valley. SMAPI launches the game with mod support and lets mods interact directly with the game code and that interaction creates wonders. SMAPI is safely installed alongside your regular Stardew Valley game, and you can uninstall it anytime you want.
- Unzip mods into your Stardew Valley Mods folder.
In the following lines, learn how to install mods to Stardew Valley on Android and Mac.
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley Android
The official SMAPI is not compatible with the Android version of the game. However, you can still enjoy the wonderful world of mods. The process is slightly different and some mods might not be available on the Android version, but there is still a whole lot to explore.
So, here is how to install mods on mobile:
- Download APK file
- Install it
- Run the app
- When you’re all done, uninstall the installer app
- Voila! Mods are all yours.
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley Mac
MAC users, you definitely don’t want to miss out on the power and excitement mods bring to the game. Therefore, to experience the thrill of the game with mods, follow our short, yet fully effective guidelines.
Here is how to add mods to Stardew Valley on Mac:
- Install Mono
- Download SMAPI
- Extract ZIP files
- Expand the SMAPI folder
- Install on Mac. Command
- Select Open
- Select Open in Dialogue Box
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Extra tip – You don’t have to change your Steam launch options.