Stardew Valley is a farming simulator that will give you plenty of fun and enjoyment. This isn’t the end of it because this game is moddable and has a big community that makes mods for the game.
Mods add so much amount of fun and depth to the game and will only increase the amount of enjoyment you get while playing. The mods will range from quality of life stuff to even some UI changes. Some of the mods you can add won’t even change how you play the game so I suggest you give them a try.
Thanks to them, you get layers and layers to storylines, options to joke around with pets, and generally a whole lot of options.
So, to enrich your Stardew Valley journey and get the most out of it, we will share with you this simple Guideline. Learn How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley right away!
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley 2020
Technically speaking, a “mod” is just a package of files that you put in your game folder. That package changes your Stardew Valley world in some way, most of the time in the way you would prefer to. For example:
- Mods can contribute to the game with some specific features (ex. showing NPCs on the map),
- Change game mechanics (ex. fences preserve looks for longer),
- Create cosmetic changes (ex. your pet is fully customized),
- And Much More that will add new content to your game. These mods can be found on the nexus mods website
To take advantage of mods you should:
- Install SMAPI – That’s the mod loader for StardewValley. SMAPI launches the game with mod support and lets mods interact directly with the game code and that interaction creates wonders. SMAPI is safely installed alongside your regular Stardew Valley game, and you can uninstall it anytime you want.
- Unzip mods from the zip file and insert them into your Stardew Valley folder.
In the following lines, learn how to install mods to Stardew Valley on Android and Mac.
Sadly if you have ios it is impossible to download Stardew Valley mods due to how apple programs their products.
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley Android
The official SMAPI is not compatible with the Android version of the game. However, you can still enjoy the wonderful world of mods along as you have an Android phone or tablet. The process is slightly different and some mods might not be available on the Android version, but there is still a whole lot to explore.
Before we get into it you should always make a backup of any save files so you don’t corrupt your world.
So, here is how to install mods on mobile:
How To Add Mods To Stardew Valley Mac
MAC users, you definitely don’t want to miss out on the power and excitement mods bring to the game. Therefore, to experience the thrill of the game with mods, follow our short, yet fully effective guidelines.
Here is how to add mods to Stardew Valley on Mac:
- Install Mono
- Download the latest version of SMAPI
- Extract ZIP files
- Expand the SMAPI folder
- Install on Mac. console Command
- Select Open
- Select Open in Dialogue Box
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Extra tip – You don’t have to change your Steam launch options due to how the way steamapps work.
After you do all of that you can open Stardew Valley through SMAPI and play with all your newly acquired mods.