Where and how to get hardwood in Stardew Valley? We have the locations for you! After playing Stardew Valley for some time, you may have collected plenty of Hardwood already. If you’re running out of ideas on where you can use them, here’s a guide to help you learn more about them.
In keeping your land neat and presentable, you must’ve scavenged loads of items as you clear up your farm every time it goes haywire. Upon constantly foraging and chopping woods, your inventory may have many things like Hardwood.
If you’ve run out of ideas on where you can use it, this guide will help you discover everything you can do with it.
Table of Contents
Hardwood is a resource you’ll get from cutting down a Mahogany Tree with an axe. To collect more of them you can start by planting plenty of Mahogany Seeds and wait for them to mature before chopping them. Moreover, you can market this kind of wood for 15g.
How to get Hardwood in stardew Valley?
Before gathering some of these resources, you may want to get a Lumberjack Profession as it increases the chances of getting Hardwood from normal trees. You can also use bombs to quickly destroy these trees. Here are the best spots to get them:
- The Mines. Breaking barrels and boxes here may drop a few pieces of this resource.
- Visit the Secret Woods. This area spawns at six large stumps every day, letting you obtain at least 12 pieces of it daily.
- The Dangerous Mines. Reach levels 41 to 69 and don’t forget to bring a good quality axe.
- Robin. You may receive 25 pieces of it during the Feast of the Winter Star.
- Visiting Ginger Island. You’ll also find some Mahogany Trees on this island.
- Woodskip from the Fishpond. Get five of it once the pond reaches a population of six.
- Farm. You may find eight stumps on the left side of your farm. One stub also spawns on the corners of the area. Letting you acquire 30 pieces of Hardwood in total.
Facts & Information
Making different equipment and items in Stardew Valley drives everyone’s game-play extra exciting. You can also sell some of your crafted things, but it’s not recommendable since it’s not a lucrative way to earn gold. While there are items that are not sellable (NS).
Here are some recipes that use Hardwood (HW) for you to create interesting and useful things:
|Items||Ingredients||Recipe Source (L= Level)||Selling Price|
|Cheese Press||10 HW|
1 Copper Bar
|Farming L. 6||NS|
|Oil Maker||20 HW|
1 Gold Bar
|Farming L. 6||NS|
|Hardwood Fence||1 HW||Farming L. 6||10g|
|Cork Bobber||5 HW|
|Fishing L. 7||250g|
|Worm Bin||25 Hardwood|
1 Iron Bar
1 Gold Bar
|Fishing L. 8||NS|
|Warp Totem: Beach||1 HW|
|Foraging L. 6||20g|
|Warp Totem: Mountains||1 HW|
1 Iron Bar
|Foraging L. 7||20g|
|Warp Totem: Desert||2 HW|
4 Iridium Ore
|Desert Trade for ten Iridium Bars.||20g|
|Warp Totem: Farm||1 HW|
|Foraging L. 8||20g|
|Warp Totem: Island||5 HW|
1 Dragon Tooth
|Volcano Shop for 10,000g||20g|
|Rain Totem||1 HW|
1 Truffle Oil
5 Pine Tar
|Foraging L. 9||20g|
|Stump Brazier||5 HW |
|Carpenter’s Shop (800g)||NS|
|Carved Brazier||10 HW|
|Carpenter’s Shop (2000g)||NS|
|Upgrade of Farmhouse Cellar||NS|
|Ostrich Incubator||50 HW|
50 Bone Fragment
20 Cinder Shard
|Professor Snail after finishing his collections and surveys.||NS|
|Heavy Tapper||30 HW1 Radioactive Bar||Mr. Qi for 20 Qi Gems||NS|
|Mini Obelisk||30 HW|
20 Solar Essence
3 Gold Bar
|Wizard’s Special Order||NS|
1 Iridium Bar
1 Radioactive Bar
|Mr. Qi’s for 50 Qi Gems||NS|
If you want to use your farm space effectively, you should visit Robin to add more buildings to your land! In purchasing a facility, ensure that you have enough gold and resources to acquire your desired structure.
You’ll need pieces of Hardwood in the following buildings:
|FarmHouse Upgrade 2||50,000g|
5 Iron Bar
Robin would appreciate receiving this item as a gift, but other NPCs won’t since they dislike it. Instead of giving it away, you could use it to enhance your farm or craft helpful items. This resource offers plenty of uses, it’s best to not resort to handing it over to villagers.
You can use it in the spool of the sewing machine and produce a shirt. It also makes a great brown dye for dyeable shirts. While dye pots benefit from it as well since it changes their color to orange.
You can also complete quests with it, including:
- “Robin’s Request” Quest, requesting 10 HW.
- Rewards: 500g and 1 Friendship Heart.
- “Robin’s Project” requests 80 HW.
- Rewards: 2,000g and Deluxe Red Double Red Recipe.
- Repair Willy’s Boat for 200 HW
- 10 HW Requested by Woodskip in Fishpond Quest (increases pond capacity from one to three).
- 5 HW Requested in Fishpond Quest (Increase pond capacity from five to seven).
Hardwood (HW) is handy in completing bundles like the Construction Bundle in the Crafts Room. By collecting ten of them from large stumps and trees, you’ll get a Charcoal Kin as a reward. You can use this equipment to produce more coal in-game.